When reminiscing about past dates it’s best to start at the worst right? Haha well ……. let’s go with that logic. The guy seemed good on paper; an old fashioned jewish boy newly moved back from Tel-Aviv with a nice job at a very well known multinational mass media organization…… what could go wrong right? Que the foreboding music please.
After about a half an hour of waiting at a bar filled with finance frat boys I got a text from my date. He was lost and needed help finding his way to the bar that he chose. How does a grown man get lost in today’s world of Google maps and GPS you ask? Because he’s out of his mind stoned – and yes I know it’s sad that I stayed after finding that out. Did I say I made fantastic choices? haha
I remember the date as a best hits of What Not To Do On A Date 101
- Talk about how women are more beautiful in Israel. CHECK
- Make a comment about me not being a virgin “Hymen that’s and interesting last name.” ” Don’t worry you haven’t had one in a while.” CHECK
- Turn a first date into an impromptu double date with another couple. CHECK
- Leave me alone on our double date for over 30 mins to drunkenly converse with an older couple. CHECK
- Challenge me to a push-up competition in the street and then proceed to cheat when he starts to lose. CHECK
- And to top it all off try to swoop in for a kiss while I’m trying to slip away with the shred of dignity I still have left. CHECK
Needless to say there was never a second date and luckily enough for me there were more messages in my match.com inbox to take my mind off what is still the worse date I’ve ever been on.